Monday, July 11, 2011

My New Shop Kickoff (kind of...)!

Since I learned how to sew last year, I’ve had a bit of an obsession with fabric. I couldn’t seem to get enough, so after quite a bit of thinking; I decided to start a second Etsy shop! Its called Create by the Yard and I sell, what else, but FABRIC! After talking to some friends I decided I wanted to sell recycled fabrics along with new, designer fabrics. To start I’ve focused mainly on the recycled fabrics. I love going to thrift stores and picking out quality, used sheets and pillowcases as they tend to be the easiest fibers to work with and I can cut pieces that are large enough for any project. I’ve also had a great time finding new fabrics that I’ve never seen in stores before. I’ve been having so much fun starting my new supply shop that I can’t resist sharing some of my favorite finds!

Summer Floral Vintage Style Fabric - Recycled Bed Sheet One Yard

Vintage Pink Floral Fabric - Recycled Pillowcase Fat Quarter

Bright, Colorful Floral and Bird Fabric - 1/2 yard

I hope you like them! Also, stay tuned for a giveaway or two when I celebrate my official shop grand opening!


Like what you see? Follow me on Twitter! @createbytheyard


No comments:

Post a Comment