Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

Its hard to believe that its 2012 already!  Time definitely flies when you’re keeping busy.  2011 was an exciting year.  The most exciting event in the year was starting my fabric supply shop, Create by the Yard.  I’m happy with the progress that was made last year, and I’m even more excited about where it can go this year.  I’ve been mapping out a game plan for the years promotions, and I’m excited to announce some reoccurring features I’m bringing to my blog and my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/createbytheyard):



Blog features:

  • Reworked Wednesdays – this segment will feature everything from project tutorials to cool items that all have a common thread: they are made from recycled or repurposed materials.  Reworked Wednesdays will be every, you guessed it, Wednesday.
  • Top 10 Lists – I wanted to do something fun, non-business or craft related at least once a month.  I came up with a top 10 list that will consist of absolutely anything I find interesting that day.  This will run the last Thursday of every month.  Look out for some fun, crazy lists.




  • Facebook poll – every Monday I will be posting a new poll question to my facebook page.  This will be a fun start to the week as it will be a random question about anything interesting.



Newsletter:

  • My email newsletter will come out the second Wednesday of each month.  It will feature sales, promotions, new items, personal stories and more.  The first edition will be sent January 11, 2012.  To sign up, visit www.createbytheyard.com.  If you refer 5 friends using your personal referral link, you will get a $20 gift certificate to my store.



Along with these great reoccurring features, stay tuned to my blog for giveaways, promotions and much more!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Looks like you're all prepared and off to a great start. =)
    New follower from Blogging Buddies team
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fabric!
    Happy New Year!

    So nice to meet you through Etsy's Blogging Buddies team.
    I am your newest blog follower!
    All the best,
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Found you through blogging buddies on etsy! I am still pretty new to sewing but loving this blog already!!
    theinspiredlens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete